Monday, March 29, 2010

update.

-DISCLAIMER- This is not the most uplifting blog post I've written but I need to get some things off my chest:(...sorry.

Things are a little intense around here lately. Were are quickly running short on funds and patience with each other. I know it is not healthy but we are all getting on each others nerves. Don't get me wrong 99.99% of the time I try to have a good attitude. I love my family and that is absolutely not the problem. The problem is I'm not sure of the lessons I should be learning from our current situation.

We know we are following the path we should be on but all the same things are getting harder and harder and I don't see them lightening up anytime in the near future. Now I am an optimist and can usually keep a genuine smile on my face-thick or thin-but I am really struggling. I'm not looking for sympathy...I just need to vent.

If it's not one thing it's another...We currently have no income(comes with the job) +side, we had savings to cover us during this time, granted they were savings set aside to pay off debt and put grass in our back yard(sorry poor neighbors who for another year have to look at our dirt:(). I am greatful for the challenges I encounter and I try very hard to learn from each of them but I must really be missing the point on this one because it's not lightening up. In fact if It's not one thing it's another..beyond the petty bickering which until late has not exsisted in my home for nearly 1 1/2 years, beyond the tired run down feeling of the stress, one thing after another keeps falling on this haystack, ie..the water heater going out:( I'm praying the needle doesn't fall soon.

I'm not getting it yet apparently...I've learn a LOT in the past few months and I wouldn't change that, I guess I just need to search for the lesson I'm not getting.

8 comments:

Hilary said...

I'm sorry you guys are having such a rough time. Sometimes it's so hard/impossible to see the reasons behind our trials or how it's supposed to be making us stronger. I hope you get some clarity soon or at least the strength to endure your hard times and make it to the point where it makes sense. I'll definitely keep your family in my prayers.

Kay said...

So...what to say: The Sun will come out tomorrow? Maybe, Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down? Count your Many Blessings? Yeah, I think the best thing would be...I am sorry you are struggling. Love ya!

Will said...

Monday, you can fall apart. Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart.
Maybe by Friday you will feel the love again . . .

Kari said...

I'm sorry. I completely understand the job situation as well as anyone. Granted, my husband isn't in school, but still, it sucks waiting so long for a check regardless.

I think you guys really should just get away for a weekend together. Go somewhere cheap where you can either camp or stay in someone's condo or something. St. George would be good, or just somewhere fun where you can relax.

Holly said...

Hang in there! No, I know not what you want to hear... I still love the status my girlfriend put, wink wink. LOve you and we can go every 3 weeks for hair? Hee,hee,hee

Cali said...

It's okay to feel discouraged sometimes, it happens to everyone. I actually really admire you for your ability to stay so positive 99.99% of the time! I hope that soon things will feel more like they are coming together for you, and I'm sure they will. You guys are smart and I know you'll be able to work it out! :)

mckenna said...

Oh, Trish. I'm sorry things are so rough right now. Stress is one of those things that can just break me, regardless of my faith and testimony. Sometimes it just gets through and makes me wonder if I can really do it. So I get the need to vent FOR SURE! You guys have come through so many trials so much stronger. And I have no doubt this will be the case again. But in the mean time, I'm sorry that things are hard right now. I love you. You have been such a strength to me when I've needed it. If you need anything, I'm here! And in the mean time, prayers are headed your way.

Jason & Kelli West said...

Trish, sorry to hear that. i hate when funds are tight. It puts an unwanted stress on everything that happens. I know money does not buy happiness, but it sure makes life a whole lot easier. Lol... I don't know if there is much I can do, but if you ever need a helping hand, or some help of some kind let me know (serious!!)! I hope the stress lightens up at least a little for ya.