Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sometimes I just want to scream...

I am generally a very happy person.  I try not to complain too much and if I do it's usually because of the way my day has proceeded.  I have never been a mom who has a difficult time parenting.  Hate me if you must but I rarely have days when I am frustrated or angry with my children.  They know the rules and the consequences, I just choose not to let the choices they make affect me or my day negativiley.  Call me crazy but I love to see my children fail from time to time, just to watch how they'll handle it and how much they will  grow.  It is beautiful to watch the people they are turning into.

I do have days however when I am frustrated with myself.  I put a lot of pressure on myself to do better than I did the day before but I fall short...often.  I'm realistic.  I understand that I can't do everything.  I understand that I will have "off"days.  I understand that I am human and will make mistakes.  But sometimes I just want to scream.  I have a list of things that need to be done and literally no time to do them.  I thought maybe I was just being "lazy"...but then after paying attention for a few days and realizing I literally do NOT sit down until after my children go to sleep at night and then I get right back up and finish dishes, laundry, or do yoga.

So reality check Trish!  you have 3 children who are very small and VERy close together in age.  you have a sometimes over dramatic, very involved 8 year old.  your husband is gone 50-80 hrs a week with school, church, and work responsibilities.  Things will just have to slip through the cracks because it is not worth losing the time with your babies before they are not babies anymore.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

It is always a bummer to have such a rough day. I hope that you were able to sleep it off and pick up today like nothing happened. I hope they are angels today.

Will said...

Do you remember that Mom-points list I haphazardly put together a long time ago? I think being a kind and loving mother is worth at least 5 points. So easily overlooked because there's no tangible result, but priceless nonetheless.

Mickie and Matt said...

Yep I too have had to step back and realize that being super woman, Mrs. Perfect doesn't happen and that I should do what I can and pray that the rest can be made up somewhere.

You are a spectacular mother however and I sometimes think, how DOES she DO it! But you do! Congrats for having awesome kids, you and Michael are doing a lovely job raising them.

Kayce said...

Good things for any mom to remember.

mckenna said...

Raise your hand if you know the feeling!! (I'm totally raising my hand alone here at my computer.) :) And I don't have the 3 little ones at home all day. I feel much the way you do about my kids. Even on their worst days they can be better than most. I'm lucky like that. And when they are awful, I'm usually pretty good about just doling out the consequences and moving on with my day. But days are still hard. There really is not enough time to get everything done in a day. Even when everything on your to do list is a righteous thing. Sometimes we just have to prioritize good, better, and best, and let good and better slip through the cracks. I had a day like that the other day, and even though a few things weren't done at the end of the day I felt so good about spending real quality time with my children. I've been making more of a conscious effort to have those kind of days lately. And when they don't happen, thank heavens we have blogs we can vent to!!