Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Where have we been?

We have been busy busy the past few weeks...well that and sick:(
So I'll keep the comments short so you can just enjoy the pictures:)

Keija "playing" in the grass. She really hates it.
Good news--because of her hate for the green stuff she has started walking:)
Kailye loves climbing the tree in the front yard.
The Kullick family came to visit a few weeks ago. It was fun to play and visit. This is the only picture I have of any of them. I have some lovely video of this game we were playing, but it wouldn't load.
This is Chad playing the game.
We did some dog sitting for Michael's dad while he went to Powell.
Kailye was very excited that Michael let Missy sleep on the bed...after mom said NO!
We went up the Canyon with the Griffee clan plus Grandma & Grandpa Cox for a cook out.
It was fun to sit by the fire.



Cheese balls


Aubri Jean turned 1 this past week and had a great birthday party.
Keija decided it was her job to keep track of Missy. She was yanking the poor dog everywhere.
Little Jayci got a taste of her first sucker and she wasn't sharing with anyone:)
Kailye and the "big" girls loved jumping on the tramp.
Keija thought it was pretty great also.
It was soooo hot yesterday. I let Kailye break out the sprinkler in the yard. Landon, the neighbor boy, is in the tree behind her.
Saturday we went to the park in the morning for some exercise on such a beautiful day. Marley loves going along and thinks she should be able to play with everyone and everything she sees. She is still in puppy mode most of the time but I think that comes with the breed.


Keija thought Marley and dad racing after the same stick was pretty funny.
Saturday was the day we put this beautiful garden in. We got a late start and were out until 1 am finishing. We had to clear 2 foot high weeds and a fence before we even got started. I'm so excited to get fresh fruit and veggies!:)I planted these last year and they look so pretty this year. I love sitting outside...well in the front yard. We have a LOT of work to do on the back yard!
We have been enjoying visiting family the past few weeks and we are loving the Summer weather! It seems weird to think we only have 2 months left before we flip our little world upside down again:) I haven't taken a recent belly picture but I'll try and get one this week.

A couple little funny stories about the monkeys....

The other night we were up at my parents house and happened to be watching American Idol. Keija LOVES to dance so she was bouncing around to the music. We were all watching as she stood up bent over with her big rear in the air and started bouncing it around. It was hilarious!!!! I wish I would have had the camera out.

We took a little drive up to the new Draper temple the other night and Michael was showing Kailye and I these massive homes around the corner. They look like castles. There is one that is absolutely ridiculous though. It is HUGE!! Michael & I were talking about what a waste of money a huge home like that was and how we would likely never build that big. Kailye said she would like to buy a house that big when she grows up so she can live in a castle. So I was asking her what job she was going to have to be able to pay for that house...well she said, very matter of factly, "I'm not going to buy it. My husband is!" Michael & I couldn't stop laughing she just went on and on. Part of me was very proud that she wants her husband to support them:) The other part of me thinks she need a reality check:)

2 comments:

Tami said...

Wow a good catch up- thanks for posting!

Holly said...

I loved all the pics! Your backyard and front is looking good! :) I heard about the Keija dance...too funny. And well KK...she just cracks me up! :)