I remember growing up with my own siblings and mother and the things that are etched in my memory of when I felt our bond grow deeper and I wanted that for my own children this year. They are so small and I know the sooner these bonds are made the stronger they will be as they grow older.
In August I was thinking I failed at this goal. I was discouraged thinking we spent too much time "running errands" and they spent to much time playing with their friends and not enough time together...until I started looking through the pictures I had taken on my phone. I realized I'd accomplished my goal without even thinking about it. Here's the results...
We took a little get away to St. George with the Griffee family. I wasn't so sure I'd be able to go because I got out of the hospital a week before we went. This is the pool we spent 90% of our time in in our backyard.
The toodles waiting for Kk at piano on Great grandma's front porch...fresh apricots make it all the sweeter. I love that they have such a special relationship with my grandma and they get to see her every week.
She's such a goof and I love her for it.She is my amazing helper/babysitter and I don't know how we'd get along without her!
Where I found the babies daily. Waiting for Daddy to get home. I cannot express in words the feelings I have for my husband or the amazing man he is. But this picture shows just how much they think of him also.

![]() |
| Favorite place to play after daddy gets home. There is a significant age gap between Kk and the rest of the kids but once they start playing together you'd never know it. |
![]() |
| We spent a few days at the pool. It was amazing to see them play and run with just the four of them. Plus I survived the pool solo with all four:) |
![]() |
| This little princess is a learning experience for me everyday. Just when I think I've got her figured out she throws a new twist into her crazy personality. |
![]() |
| He is always smiling and he LOVES people. ALL people. I love that he is so much like his daddy. |
![]() |
| On our walks and runs this summer there were several times this little guy fell asleep. He tries so hard to keep up with the "big kids". |
![]() |
| I love moments when my children recognize the magnificence of the world around them. They stood and looked down on this beautiful world for quite a while. |
![]() |
| A true family picture of all the crazies I live with. |
![]() |
| The times we spend together without excess company (not that we don't love and appreciate it) are the times we grow the closest. |
![]() |
| you will be hard pressed to EVER find this boy without a truck in his hand. He will stop mid sentence to point them out. He will scream if you try to take them from him. |
![]() |
| I love the area we live in. It is so beautiful year round. We love to hike together as a family to enjoy fully the place we call home. |
![]() |
| Michael's company had a Lagoon day and we had so much fun together. We got Buddha onto 1 roller coaster and then he was done but Kk & Cage rode over, and over, and over. |
![]() |
| I saw this fantastic facial expression 1000 times that day. I never want to forget how just plain happy she was. |
![]() |
| This boy LOVES his daddy. We are so blessed to have such amazing little spirits in our home. |
![]() |
| Baby boy fell asleep at aunt Hooly's house while I did her hair. He NEVER does this. |
![]() |
| Aunt Holly got a new "toy" and these crazies could not wait to try it out. Thank goodness for Cousin Ty Ty to watch them and play with them. |
Buddha is a mellow kids who is usually more than happy to play anything you want and just be your buddy. The other day someone said something to his sister he apperently did not like because I came into the conversation just in time to hear "you cannot talk to my sister like that!! She is my sister! you have to be nice to her!" My children are becoming feircly protective of each other and I couldn't be happier about it. There bond grows stronger daily and I know that it will be beneficial for them as they grow into adulthood.





























3 comments:
Hey Welcome back! I loved all the pictures and recap of summer memories. Your kids are awesome. We miss living super close to family but I know what you mean by building more memories just as a family. My two oldest are SUPER close and I can all ready tell that they are protective of their youngest sister too. :) Can't wait to see more posts from you!
Glad to have you back!
YAY! You are blogging again! YAY! Loved all the pics...LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment