My head is spinning today. I have some many things I am thinking about lately. So...this is going to be scattered just so I can get it all out.
I am bitter sweet about the elections yesterday. I am not one of the many stay-at-home mom's who gets the majority of their political views from talk shows. CNN is on frequently at our home but I also do my research. I look at both sides of the spectrum. The good and bad on BOTH candidates. SO...I am OK, for now, with the country's decision. Many will gawk, but I am. It is not one I made, but it is made all the same.
I wanted "change" as much as every other American. Now I just pray that this man can do it! I do not agree with many of his policies or many of the things he believes to be ok, but regardless of those views he is, at heart, a good person. As most of us are. He has strong family values, education values, and genuine concern for the well being of this nation. I am trying my best to get behind the man we now ALL call our President, and see the good. I am hoping, no praying, that he can lead beyond just words and speeches.
Michael and I talk about politics A LOT, and we share similar perspectives on it. And we both agree, the new President elect has a good head on his shoulders. It's true he can deliver some incredible speeches that bring people up to stand with him and if nothing else makes you think, but these speeches do more than that. He has an incredible gift that our current president does not...he empowers people. Whether you agree with him or not, history has proven that when you feel empowered you take more pride in everything you do, you try harder to better yourself, you try harder to look beyond the bleakness toward a better future and in turn change your own life with out even realizing it. The more people who feel empowered in our nation the better we will all be.
I do not agree with everything about this man, and in actuality some things out right scare me, but I didn't agree with McCain either. I am hoping that the unity this country has felt in the past few months, regardless of who you were voting for, continues. I too have not felt much the pride in my country since 9/11, not to say I am not a proud American or that I am not grateful. I understand the sacrifices made for my freedoms and I am deeply grateful for them. I am excited to see the direction this country will take, and excited to live in a country where change is possible, even if I may perceive some change as bad. I am hopeful for our futures and I am hopeful that some changes will be good for all, not just some. I am trying hard to see the good side of the decision this country has made.
Well I need to get things done before I need to get KK from school so I better go.
7 comments:
I did not vote for Obama, but now I will pray that he makes good decisions on our behalf as our President!
I think I completely agree with everything you said. I don't know about Obama. I don't know if he is what's best for our country right now. I didn't vote for him either. But I do know that McCain would not be best at all. And I know that regardless of what happens in our countries future, the Lord has promised that as we follow Him, he will protect us. What more do we need?
I loved that entry Trish, thanks for being willing to share your feelings, even thought they may not be shared by others. I think really that is the foundation of our country, people sharing their own views with out fear of persecution or banter. I love you and agree with a lot of your statements thanks again for your post.
i couldn't have said it better myself. I agree with you. He's not who i chose either, but I hadn't even officially decided who i wanted until i pushed that button. It was a toss up for me too. I agree with both on some issues, and disagree with others. I think you're right though that he has a good head on his shoulders, however- he is a VERY charismatic man. I think and hope and pray as well that we are in good hands. Time will tell i guess. I tell you what though, living in an area where there are a lot of African americans has made me see how important and historic this election and now presidency IS. And how much this means to people. He did empower a lot of people who didn't care before. SO it's pretty neat.
That summed up my feelings exactly too. Thanks for putting it in words. At my work, as far as I know, only one other person was a McCain supporter, so it was interesting to see that this was our feelings when others had expressed if the election hadn't gone their way they weren't going to be able to come to work at all. Weird.
This world that we are living in is crazy and yes, we need a leader who cam lead a country. I understand what you are saying...I will now keep Obama in my prayers that he can make good choices for us as a country and as a whole.
Well said. I appreciate your open mindedness and positive attitude. There has been too little of that in this election. I join you in praying for our new president and our country.
Post a Comment