Satur

Saturday night Michael and I watched the movie Miss Potter. I loved it! I think it is one of my new favorite movies. It might be because I love Beatrix potter books but it was still great.
Sunday we went to church. We were called to primary a few weeks ago and so far we have had no big "troubles". We do have one little boy who has a story for everything. He is so cute but this week he had a few too many stories. Michael would just keep going and talk over the top of him but he'd keep going until he realized we weren't listening then he would roll his eyes at us. He was so funny.
We have 5 and 6 year old's and our ward, to Michael, is fairly unique. Michael grew up in a ward with a lot of his and her families, single moms, and a lot of poverty. It was also very mixed as far as race, lots of Polynesian friends. He said in his ward when they were little the teacher would tell the scripture stories and most of the kids had never heard them or everyone was so quiet. I our ward there are several people who have quite a bit of money or come from money. Michael used to assume that meant snobbery and people focused on toys and wealth and not as much on their families and scripture. I don't think it was as much an assumption as his own first hand experiences. But in our ward ALL the kids know the stories and they all tell you about there experiences with there families when they learned about the stories. Their is definitely not a lack of family home evening in our ward. It amazes me how much these kids know. Not only about scripture stories but even in the way they talk about their siblings and how loving they are. It shocked Michael to see how well behaved they are and how respectful they are. I guess that just wasn't something he grew up with. It says something about the quality of people we are able to live around. It's so nice. I will be so sad when it's time to move. I'm so grateful for great primary teachers for kk and I miss our gospel docterine class now that we are in primary.
This picture is for "Grandma Great"...Kailye loves her Guatemala dress and braclets!!!
Speaking of moving...we are thinking of moving around September but it all depends on what Michael is making. We might just rent but we are hoping to buy or build. We'll see...I had a fe of you ask.
Peace..love you all.
3 comments:
Don't ya' just love Primary children when they talk? It used to make me giggle...I would hear some stories I am POSITIVE the parents didn't want me to hear. Then again, I do have Ty who loves to tell stories... ;)
I am excited for you, I love being out in my own place. You know walking around naked all the time, haha, yeah right.
So buying/renting in Utah county somewhere? Sometime in September? Let us know and we'll help ya move.
Post a Comment