Monday, May 19, 2008

Still?

So the contractions are back again. Not back still. I thought maybe they were just Braxton Hicks...never having them before, since with Kailye from 6 months on were real contractions...but the monitor at the hospital on Friday night proved differently. They are still not bad and not regular so I'm not worried about it. My doctor's don't seem to be either. They were however worried about the spike in blood pressure Friday. You can read all about it at my preggo blog.

Friday night, after the hospital, Michael, Kailye and I went over to Costco to get food and candy for KK's B-day party. It is so crowded there on Friday night. But I figured better than Saturday morning. After that we headed up to mom & dad's to drop off all the food and get everything ready. Thank you Art & Steph for letting us invade on the one of few weekends you actually had the house to your family. We watched the Basket ball game...so sad..and a few episodes of The Office we had missed.

Saturday was Kailye's birthday party. I don't do "kid games" or anything like that for birthdays...especially at 8 months pregnant...so Steph and Michael set up 2 swimming pools and a slip and slide. A bunch of Kailye's friends from school and a few cousins and other friends come over. They all had so much fun. We had hamburgers and watermelon. And then we loaded them all full of sugar from the pinata and the cake. Kailye loved it and got lots of cute toys to play with. Thankfully nothing huge that would not fit in our already cramped house. I can't believe my little stinker is almost 5! I'm still in shock a bit.

Saturday night Kailye went and played at Grandma and Grandpa Griffee's house while Michael and I went to a UFC fight night at the Salt Palace. I would normally never go to those things because I think it's pretty...well..ghetto, white trash, etc...but Michael's friend Tua was fighting so we went. A few of the fights were actually pretty entertaining to watch, but Tua's fight was just sad. Michael was pretty ornery about it the rest of the night. Tua did not do well. He said he got stunned by a knee to the head in the first few seconds and doesn't remember much after that. Considering the fight lasted 2.5 minutes though he did pretty well for not knowing what was going on. It was a little unfair though because the guy he fought had 10 fights already and this was Tua's first. Oh well. Michael has been saying for a little while that he thinks he might want to fight...no more dangerous than rugby in my opinion...I have been a little hesitant about it just because it takes so much time. Well after watching these fights the other night I think he'd do just fine in his weight class...He's not the nicest fighter. I guess when you grow up with all your friends being Polynesian you tend to grow up fighting guys a lot bigger than you. I told him he'd have to chose though. I am not dealing with rugby and fighting. I guess we'll see. Well I better get back to work...ha ha...like I am really working today...I've been here since 8:30 and haven't really started yet...oh well.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Wow the contractions did not stop?!?! Bummer... I hope they continue not to be a problem.
Sounds like KK had fun at her birthday party. :)

Tami said...

Sounds like a fun weekend- you guys are always so busy- and you are pretty brave- I wouldn't want my husband fighting!

Will said...

Yeah, I cried during that basketball game too . . . tears of e-x-q-u-i-s-i-t-e joy! (Give me a break, I've had nothing to cheer about the last few years) I wouldn't mind watching Michael do MMA, I'd understand it better.