Thursday, June 5, 2008

just chillin'

Lately I haven't been to awake during the day. I know so sad. I fall asleep at about 6 am and then I don't usually wake up until 12 or some days 4pm. I think someone might need to call child protective services on me. Normally Kailye is very good at getting herself up and ready and feeding herself breakfast but today...well I woke up to her jumping off the walls...okay it was the couch but close enough. After looking around for a minute I realized I really should have dragged myself out of bed earlier. I asked her what she had eaten today and this is how that conversation went...

KK: "well I was going to have cereal but I didn't want to poor the milk so I just ate it out of the box."

Me: "That's okay you don't always have to use milk. What else have you been eating?"....this question came after I observed 100 tooth picks all over the floor and quite a few stuck through some hot tamale candies.

KK: "I wanted a drink but not a juice box like always so I got one of daddy's out of the garage fridge." (glad we don't drink alcohol)

Me: "Which kind of 'daddy's drinks'?"...there is sprite and root beer in the fridge so I figured one of those.

KK: "Mountain Dew mom...they are really good!!!!! Why don't you ever let me drink those?"...

Me: "Because they have way too much Caffiene in them for you."

This whole conversation happened with in seconds...WAy TOO MUCH CAFFEINE!!!!!!!!! So after I realized how "great" a mother I am today we decided we needed a break. So we went to the park. yeah it was quite a day.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Hahaha, that is to funny. Isn't it interesting how caffiene and sugar affect children. You can totally see the affects on Jason.

Will gave him a cinimmon roll for breakfast and he has been jumping off the walls ever since.

Will said...

I'm quite the playground connisseur and I don't recognize that one. That was a fun story, thanks for sharing.

Kay said...

Mt. Dew, huh? That stuff kills me! Good choice, a playground!

Tami said...

Tooo Funny- Great Story! Thanks for Sharing!

Holly said...

LOL! Glad you took her to the park to get her energy out! :P