That stack of dishes I talked about the other day never did get done so Sunday afternoon before Michael came home Kailye and I started into the cleaning. OH MAN!!!...My house was much more of a disaster than I thought. We cleaned top to bottom every room but my bedroom. We even got almost all of the 3 months worth of laundry done...not just done but put away. I felt much better about my house the next day when it was all clean and straightened.
Yesterday Michael stayed home from work because he got home at about 5 AM. He got the backyard-minefield-all cleaned up and got the lawns mowed and even watered...yeah no sprinkler system. That evening all of Michael's family came over and had a "picnic" in our front yard. It was such a nice night to have it. The weather was perfect. I made Nicola's banana cake recipe and it was great. Tastes like banana bread with frosting. Everyone seemed to like it, so I guess we'll keep that recipe.
Banana Sour Cream Cake
15 min
1 hr 45 min
16 servings
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 13x9-inch baking pan; set aside. Beat cake mix, eggs, bananas, sour cream and oil in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape bottom and side of bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 min. Pour into prepared pan.
BAKE 35 min. or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
BEAT cream cheese and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition.
REMOVE cake from pan; cut crosswise in half. Place one cake half, top-side down, on large serving plate; spread top with frosting. Top with remaining cake half, top side up. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Carefully press walnuts into frosting on sides of cake. Store in refrigerator.
5 comments:
I enjoy your family adventures and life in general- I am not good at it thus I show pictures- it sounds like you guys are getting everything done and ready which is nice
We do not have a sprinkler system either. That used to be Eric's job... :(
What the Banana cake recpie? Can you share?
Yum that banana stuff sounds yummy! I am going to have to make that...
Where's My banana cake?!
Post a Comment