Monday, May 21, 2007

I don't want too....

Okay so I had a bit of a break down this morning. I may have over reacted just a bit...I'm sure none of you ever do that. Anyway, I was stressing out because we had planned on me quitting the first week of June but that wasn't looking like the best idea. Michael has decided to start out in real estate which means there will be no "steady paycheck". Which is fine, but people we have bills...lots of them...not to mention the 5 figure student loans which we will need to start paying on in November.

We have also been a "little" stressed about health insurance for me, because lets face it, babies are expensive. Well we decided to have me switch to part time instead of quitting all together. This will still somewhat suck...let me explain the pro's and con's.

Con's:

No health insurance-
KK and Michael are on a separate policy so they are still covered but I am "UN-insurable" or so I've been told. So with the next baby we will either hope we are poor enough to qualify for medicaid :( or hope we are making enough to pay the, roughly, $5000 it will cost to not have insurance:)

No benefits-
No holiday pay and no sick or vacation. I work on a base of a whole $6 an hour so it's not like that's going to really hurt that much.

Pro's:

20 hour work week-
I get much more time to stay home with and be a really mom and not just a part-time mom...YAY!!!

Babysitters-
Okay I will still need babysitters in the mornings but finding someone to watch your kid for 3 or 4 hours while your at work is much easier than 8 or 9. Anyone willing on the 3 or 4 hours once a week, please let me know.

Stress-
I will have much less stress. I will be able to get everything done around the house, do the laundry (Michael has done it the past 4 years), go to the gym (any of you have seen me lately know that is needed), and take care of KK as a "full-time" mom instead of the few hours a day I get to see her now.

I won't go crazy lose my mind and kill my husband...or anyone else for that matter-
I'm sure Michael would appreciate me not losing my mind and killing him in his sleep. At this point that is the alternative....okay not really but just about.

So as you can see the Pro's definitely out weigh the Con's. Not having insurance is scary but I feel we are doing what the Lord wants us to. I'm not going to stress too much about it.

Well speaking of work I better get back to it. Love y'all...peace.


4 comments:

Huntsmans said...

Trish i completely understand! The one thing that made me feel better is that you are suppose to be home with your KK so although it is easier said then done you just have to have the faith that the Lord will bless you with those things you need to stay there. Now if only i could take my own advice!

Kay said...

Wow! I like the black back ground. I went to the comments and came back....and...bam! It was BLACK! Cool!

We've been on both sides of the dilema you are facing, me needing to work and stay home with kids. I am very grateful we had parental insurance with HD and Kristin or life would have turned out much different for us.

Good Luck, we'll keep you in our prayers.

Holly said...

Ohh, I remember when we had to make the same decision. It was HARD. Hang in there...we will have you in our prayers.

Bobbie said...

The red lettering scared me... I cried a little... don't kill... it's mean.