Thursday, May 31, 2007

So Michael got my grill put together but I haven't used it yet. I'm going to have to try it out tonight. I'm kind of excited about it...oh that so sad. Anyway, Michael graduated the beginning of May and he's having quite a hard time deciding what it is he really wants to do. He is going to get his real estate licence, mostly because it would be dumb not to. He already has 78 of the required 90 hours of class done because of some courses he took in college, and with his dad as a broker he would have a better commission structure than anywhere else. But he has still been very discouraged lately. He doesn't necessarily want to do real estate forever. He's very ambitious and wants to do so many things but he can't decide where to start.

I haven't helped so much with the stress because with me going to part time I will lose my insurance. I can keep my pay the same (yeah commission). I'm getting more and more nervous about not having insurance because we make too much money to qualify for medicaid and I don't qualify for other insurance. I got a call yesterday from Select Health and they told me they are denying me coverage because of a bunch of things. Which is what they told me last time and told me to get letters for all of it saying I don't have what my medical history says I have. I sent all that in with the application and then they called me again saying they are denying me again. I'm so far beyond frustrated. I get to call and try and talk to one of there underwriters today.

Anyway, I would prefer Michael work somewhere with benefits, but that narrows down what he can do (in Utah anyway). I know now is going to be the best time in our lives for him to take chances but it also couldn't be worse. I feel kind of selfish but also not. I mean he has a degree from one of the top Business schools in the nation I think he should use that to his advantage...but doing what. He is a VERY hard worker, very dedicated, and sometimes creeps me out with how smart he is. If anyone knows of any good job opportunities anywhere please let me know. Not just in Utah but anywhere.

Well okay I'm done venting for now....sorry that was a very boring blog...peace.

Well if anyone hears of any good jobs let me know.

5 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

Not a boring blog it was great! I will keep my ears open for Jobs. He doesn't want to be a real etate agent? What does he want to do? Provo/Orem area is one of the fastest growing communities in the nation! Working here at Meridian I hear of jobs sometimes from Loan officers and such. All depends on what Michael wants, but most of all we'll keep you guys in our prayers! Love you guys!

Kay said...

Sorry about the insurance thing, that stinks.

Can he sign up with one of the head hunter companies? Maybe they could help? Just a thought. Good Luck!

Holly said...

Send us his resume! I am sure Uncle Eric would be happy to help. :)

Heather S. said...

There are always TONS of job opportunities in Atlanta... and it's quite a lovely place to live! You've got friends here too... so let me know and I can look around!

Kristin said...

Good luck with the insurance and job thing. I really hate not having security.