We had an awesome Holiday season. Friday we went to the Nutcracker with the Griffee Family. It was fun to see Kailye and Kari's niece Ali watch the show. On Saturday Michael and I got up and went to opposite valleys to finish Christmas shopping. Then we went to Grandma Gordon's Christmas party. Kailye had so much fun playing with the rest of the great grand kids.
On Sunday I was sick so I had to stay home from our cute little niece Jayci's blessing. Michael and Kailye went and said it was good. Little Jayci is so sweet. On Moday we woke up a little late and went to lunch with Leeana and Michael's siblings along with their spouses at Carrabba's. I love that place. After lunch Michael went shopping and Leeana, kk, and I went to finish up shopping and Christmas dinner. Michael and I decided last year that from now on we are doing our own Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas morning. It was so fun. We did invite Leeana and got her jammies as well. We had cheese potatoes and ham. It was wonderful. After dinner we read Christmas stories in our Christmas pajamas. Leeana went home and kk went to bed and Santa was glad that all the gifts were wrapped.
Christmas morning was so much fun to watch kk open all her presents. She is such a girl. She got lots of Barbies and Clothes. Her favorite shirt is definitely the one the Maxwell's bought her. She was so excited to have it match mommy's. I wanted to take a picture today but she wasn't feeling good tonight and just wanted to go to sleep. After Christmas morning stuff we headed to Grandpa Dan's to do Griffee Christmas stuff. That kid of ours is so spoiled. She got lots of fun new toys. I'm glad next year there will be 2 more grandkids, 4 total, that her grandparents will have to spread to.
We headed to Val's after that and had dinner with the Cox side of Michael's family. (Oh wait before that we had to run home because Michael dumped an entire can of soda on me. It was a long cold ride home.) It was funny to see the looks on some people's faces when they saw we were expecting again...we hadn't mentioned it too much. We had such a great Christmas. It was so fun to do just one family per holiday this year. We will definitely keep it up from now on. Well that got long and I'm tired. Write more tomorrow. Bye.
1 comment:
Art and I have been saying for years that we are going to do Christmas Eve night and Christmas morning by ourselves.......maybe one day:) Glad you guys had such a great Christmas. It really is easier to just do one family, I agree.
Post a Comment