Well I went back to my old job on Friday. I am sad to leave the new one. I really did like it but I think this move will be for the best. Getting back to work on Friday was like going home. My boss is ecstatic to have me back and had a computer ready for me as soon as I got there on Friday morning. That is usually based on seniority. She gave me a bunch of work to get into on Monday morning so I can start making money again. I think it was the break I needed from that job to really appreciate how great it was. My boss says I can still keep my flexibility that I need to take care of Kailye and make sure she gets where she needs to be everyday. I feel very good about switching.
We also bought a new car on Saturday. It is a Nissan Pathfinder. We were going to just buy another VW Passat but decided if we are going to have our kids close together we will likely have another one within 18 months of this next one.
We didn 't want to have to buy another car again in 2 years. So now we have 2 SUV's. I know weird. Neither of us ever felt good about any of the cars we looked at. We had looked at the pathfinder before but it was a little out of our price range so we let it go. Well the sales agent called us a week later and said he could sell it for 3000 less than what he originally quoted. So we went back in to look at it. It was the first car we actually felt good about buying. I know its silly to think about receiving guidance for something like buying a car, but I feel like we did.
Last night we went and hung out with Art and Steph. It was so cool to be able to fit all 7 of us in 1 car. We went and watched the Christmas lights show at a house in Pleasant Grove. It is so cool. They have thousands of lights all timed to music. you just tune your radio into a designated station and watch. We had so much fun. They had a donation box outside there house for Make a Wish Foundation. After we went there we all headed back over to the Maxwell house. Michael and I watched the kids while Art and Steph ran to a reception. Okay I should really say Michael watched the kids. I kind of have a head cold so I layed down. I forgot our camera so I think you'll have to look at Art and Steph's blog to see them.
Well I need to go put a little one to bed so I'll write more tomorrow. Bye.
8 comments:
I like getting new cars. And those Pathfinders are fun. We in essence have two SUV's as well. Sounds like a lot of things are falling into place for you. I've been asking around for a job for Michael in UT as much as I can from GA!
Good to hear from you and glad that your life sounds like it's getting a little less chaotic (Yes, I know, how could it have gotten more . . .)
I am sure kailye will love the enchanted soundtrack. Hopefully it doesn't drive you to crazy.
Thanks for hanging out with us, we had a great time (and thanks Michael for watching our boys).
Oh, and I don't think it's silly to say that you can receive guidance on a car, not only have I felt guidance on that, I have on much sillier things than that:)
Very fun a NEW car! I am sooo happy the job is working out. :)
Glad the job is working better for you. We are still hoping Michael can find a job too. Maybe if you wanted to move to Medford?
Jealousy! I don't envy your way of getting a new car big enough to haul 7 people but I am jealous of the car. What a great idea! I am so glad that you are doing better and that work is going well.
http://layton.iapplicants.com/SearchJobs-job_title.html
Hey Trish, If michael wants to work for Layton, I could help him get an interview with them. There are 3 main divisions of the company and several with in that. they are growing quickly, and there is a lot of room for advancement. he wouldn't have to do labor. Since he has a degree and I sure he could be in management. Anyway, the link above will show what is available. I would suggest applying for Project Engineer, or something. I don't really know. Anyway, I hope this helps.
Luv Zan
Post a Comment