Last night we got home to find that all the power was off with in 10 blocks of our house. It was strange how dark it was. I called the power company and the recording said they didn't know what caused the outage but it would not be back on until 6 am and 9000 customers were with out power. Fun eh? Well we grabbed some flash lights and went to bed. Now our house is old, and doesn't hold heat so wonderfully. We do have an over sized heater that heats the whole house in two minutes but with the power out it was useless. Well we looked at the thermometer on the front of the house and it said 13 degrees. Um hello cold! At 2 am I went to look at our battery powered temp gage and it said our house was 52 degrees...it was awful. SOooo cold. It felt like we were camping, outside, in November. Well at 3 the power flipped on. Thank goodness, I don't think I could have slept if it got any colder. Our house temp. dropped 20 degrees in just 2 hours, could you imagine another 2. I would have been sleeping in the car...It was much warmer.
Kailye has been really cold lately with anything so she slept with 8 blankets. I'm glad I had so many blankets. She'd under there somewhere.
5 comments:
WOW that stinks!!! I'm glad the heat came on, I hope they can figure out why it happen so it does not happen again.
Hey, I finally figured out what I signed up as on google blogger...I kept trying and it wouldn't work, so that's why I never commented on the blogs that don't allow comments with a nickname or something.
Anyway, 52 is seriously cold for inside the house! I bought a big box of hand warmers for our winter kits at Costco. You could have slept with several! At the football game we discovered that they feel really good on your ears under a beanie hat!
HOLY MOLY that is a bummer! The temp here is CO never got above 10 degrees today. I am glad the power didn't go off here. EEEWWWW! Glad the power finally came back on! Seriously...where is KK? ;)
I hate it when it is too cold to sleep! Glad the power turned back on:) Good job being prepared with so many blankets!
I think I would die!!
Post a Comment