Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend

Friday we went over to mom and dad's and had pizza for Michael's birthday. Poor Michael, as soon as dinner was done mom pulled Steph and I in to help with Bobbie's room. And all the boys were playing Rockband...not really Michael's thing. he was pretty excited to see our new nephew Michael. That kid is huge. And sooo cute.

Saturday was Bobbie's shower so Michael went skiing. Bobbie got to the house just before the shower. It was nice. There were lots of babies there. And Bobbie did very well. She of course headed straight over to the hospital as soon as she could but she got lots of great stuff. JD is still a sicko but he's doing pretty well. That night we headed up to Salt Lake for dinner with Michael's family. We went to Red Lobster, Michael's favorite, and it was so good. I haven't been there for quite a while. After dinner we headed over to Kari and Adam's for cake, for Michael's birthday. And he got to open his Birthday presents. This is the first year ever I have actually surprised Michael. I am usually either too excited about what I got him to wait until his birthday or I just take him to go get it. But this year with lots of help from his brother I pulled it off. He got a gun safe from his family and a 45 handgun from me. He was so excited. I already told him he could have it but he wasn't expecting it for a while. He played with it all day yesterday, his actually birthday, and is so excited to go to the shooting range and use it. Adam got one for Christmas so he has someone to play with now.

Yesterday was Michael's actual birthday. We did absolutely nothing. I woke up with a head ache...like most mornings...and I really felt awful so I slept most of the day. KK also slept half the afternoon with me. Today is a little better, just have to make a quick trip to the doctors. Better get going. Bye.

3 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

Happy Birthday Michael! Glad you had a fun pre-birthday weekend.

Nicola said...

Wow! What a busy weekend! Happy Birthday to Michael and good for you for surprising him. Surprises rarely occur in our family. But it sounds like your weekend was wonderful. I hope that your headaches subside soon. (=

Holly said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, MICHAEL! SOunds like it was a good weekend. Hope that head ache is gone... :)