Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July weekend:)

We had a great 4Th of July weekend. It started on Thursday night with a birthday party for Natalie. We went over to Michael's dad's for a BBQ. It was fun to see everyone and Kailye was very excited that Natalie and Chandler's nieces were there also. She loves playing with those girls.

Friday was the 4Th and we slept all morning...even KK slept until noon...and then got ready and headed to Grandma and Grandpa Maxwell's. Katy and her munchkins are here so we went up to visit with everyone. It was the first time that all 7 grand kids were together at once. It was fun to see how big baby Michael has gotten and see him and JD playing together. It was so funny to watch Braxton be the "little kid" to kk and Parks and watch Brighton be the "big kid" to JD and Michael. We had dad take some cute pictures of the girls and a family picture of all of us but I'll have to post some later. After that we went down to Leeana's so she could see the girl's in their cute dresses. She also surprised KK the other day with a ticket to the Stadium of Fire, to see Miley Cyrus. Kailye loves her music. They had a great time. Keija loves to sleep on Michael's chest. How do you like the festive flag sticker?Michael and I went out to dinner with Adam & Kik and Nat & Chandler to one of our favorite places, Goodwood. It was great. It did feel really weird to be short a kid though. I'm not used to just taking Keija places...although it is a lot quieter with out KK there. After dinner we went watch the fireworks show. It was a good night.

Saturday we headed up to Jordanelle Reservoir so Kailye and Michael could go out on Grandpa Dan's new boat. They had a good time and Keija and I stayed on the "beach" with Kik and Jayci. Jayci is getting so big...she so cute. It was a nice relaxing day. And I only burned a few square inches of my arm where I apparently missed the sunscreen.

Today has been boring. Keija did not sleep at all last night and was very unhappy so we have been catching up on the sleep today. She of course has been asleep all day so tonight should be great fun. I try to keep her awake during the day but she is definitely Michael and my daughter because you can not wake her up at all.

8 comments:

*Natalie* said...

Those dresses were sooooo cute!! I had fun on the 4th. Thanks for inviting us!!

P.S.
KK looks WAY to old in that cowboy hat! STOP IT!!!

Holly said...

Sounds like a fun 4th weekend. I can't wait to see the pics of all the kids together. :)

Mickie and Matt said...

Woah look how cute you had those girls! ADORABLE! And yeah I agree KK is looking so old!

Kristin said...

What cute pictures. Sounds like fun, but I totally know how it feels to just have one kid with you. Weird!

Nicola said...

Your girls are both so cute! I love the dresses and I can't believe how old Kailye is looking. Glad you had a great weekend!

Kari said...

Your girls are so cute! I had a fun 4th too. But I totally burned my shoulders on Saturday...zero sunscreen equals a very red Kik and it's painful!

Chrissie said...

I love KK in a cowboy hat!

Tami said...

It was fun to see updated photos you have cute girls