Okay so yesterday we went to church and the lesson we had in Relief Society was inspiring to me. It was about preparing for the hard times. Michael and I have been blessed to realize this is important. It has definitely come in handy, especially due to recent events. Well we also discussed our homes and how we need to not only plant our gardens but also keep our homes in order. If for nothing else than to keep you happy.
So....I came home from church and looked around. Now let me tell you...I haven't cleaned up much since Steph and the boys left. Okay it's not that I haven't "cleaned up" it's that I haven't cleaned. It all looks so overwhelming because every room needs to be gone through cleaned out and reorganized. UGGG!
Well yesterday we started with KK's. Now I'm sure most of you are thinking..."that shouldn't be too hard." "she's a little kid, how messy could it be?"...well let me tell you what we took OUT of Kailye's room. 2 garbage bags full of trash, 2 tubs full of clothing that is too small for her, 3 garbage bags full of DI items, 4 full size quilts, a ton of stuffed animals....wow I could make a Christmas song, the 12 bags of Crap from KK's room. Now If you have not seen Kailye's room it is about 10x10 feet big...if that. now that is all the stuff we pulled out. Everything we kept in...oh dear...so her whole closet is so full she doesn't even have any hangers left. She has more jackets than any 4 year old really needs...or any adult for that matter. They come in every style and color. She has a full size bed that has shelves at the head of it, which are stuffed full of teddy bears, bunnies, dolls, books and a CD player. You know all the stuff she couldn't part with. She is very good at getting rid of toys she doesn't play with but stuffed animals are a whole other story. Plus there are two hidden storage compartments in the head and they are full of Barbie stuff....It's ridiculous.
We did have fun watching from inside the window as daddy killed the Black Widow right outside the window....Fun huh? Well it took us all day to do just KK's room. 1 down only 5 to go...if you include the storage room I'm going to have to clean out. It does feel good to have hers done. And Michael straightened our room last night also so that one shouldn't be too hard. Well back to work...be happy.
5 comments:
Cleaning! I love it! Matt and I need to do that next weekend but it wil be the Garage... it used to be clean but after the winter it has gotten QUITE dirty. If you need any help let me know... I am a cleaning queen! Hey and Matt needs Michaels # so he can talk to him about Business school...
Cleaning all that out now will make it so much easier when you move.
When you are done you can come do our apartment. It's a much smaller space. :-)
wow I have seen KK's room that is really an accomplishment! Well lvoe you and good luck on the rest
Great minds think a like. I am doing the same thing.
Okey Doeky...I am in CA and my house ic CLEAN! It is true...a clean house DOES make me happy. :)
Post a Comment