Thursday, June 28, 2007

"Double or Nothing", drug testing, and Buyouts.

Sorry I have not blogged all week. I have been very busy at work. It's been a bit crazy around here. We had a contest this week called double or nothing...well this meant double your average in sales and the company will give you a $200 dollar bonus. Well I was out Monday and my average doubled is nearly $11000. This would normally only be a bit of a stretch for me, however I just sold $15000 two weeks ago and $8000 last week. Which means I'm a short on work to do.

Well I was doing okay, trying to kill myself by working to death, then on Tuesday afternoon a man came into our office. Now this is only strange because I work with 17 girls and 1 man. And that was not him. Also we do not usually allow people to just walk around the building with out someone with them. So we all started to interrogate this poor guy. I sat and listened for a time while I worked and I thought he was being fairly vague in his answering. They all asked if he was here interviewing and he said yes so they asked what for and he didn't answer. I figured out who he was after listening to the questions he wouldn't answer. So I turned around and asked him "have you been drug tested yet." I told mom when I got home that I said that to him and she lost it laughing, she of course knew who he was and thought I had some guts to say that to him. He laughed pretty hard. Well on Wednesday morning our entire co. had a meeting and we were all told that we had been bought out, and this "man" was our new CEO.

I'm a little nervous that he already knows me by name but considering the co. he works for, it can't be a bad thing at this point. Anyway, back to the story, so since said meeting took an hour out of the middle of my week I was a bit behind on hitting my double. So I worked really hard yesterday and all day today. Then mister CEO walks in today at about 3pm and says if you triple your average I will give you another $200....WOOOHOOOOO! oh wait....ah crap....I have hardly any work and it is Thursday afternoon and I still need almost $7000 to hit TRIPLE my average. So I dug into my drawer and pulled out everything I had and started calling. I started in the Mid-West and worked my west to Alaska. I called my rear off. Well it is 7:15 now and I just stopped calling 15 minutes ago....I am now only $2035 away and hopefully I have enough work to call that tomorrow. I am going to go home now. It's late. I haven't seen KK in two days...the joys of being a working mom...peace.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Too funny about the CEO. I am rooting you on...good thoughts...good thoughts! GO TRISH! :)

Heather S. said...

Good luck today! Who bought PDC out? I'm assuming that's who you're referring to!

Kay said...

Go Dawn Go!!! I'm behind you all the way...not fanacially, but you know!

Bobbie said...

DID YOU MAKE IT?