Monday, October 8, 2007

Weekend In Review

This last weekend was so nice. Friday we went on our run in the rain. It was just me and Kailye on this one. After a few minutes she was ready to be done. When we got home Michael was home so we went to dinner and went and got a movie. It was so nice to go out with just my husband and my child. We have been so busy in the past few weeks with all the house stuff and all the family stuff we haven't gone "out" as a family in a long time.

Saturday we had a huge list of things to be done so of course we got none of it done. We slept in and relaxed in the morning..okay I slept in. Michael and Kailye woke me up with breakfast in bed...yay me!!!! After breakfast we got ready and went on our run. Well we sat around for a few minutes and by the time we were ready to go on our run it was hailing. So we waited a bit until it was just raining and then went. Our run was very good. It is so much easier to go with Michael when we take Kailye because he keeps track of her so I can just go. Although I did realize after the first time around I definitely need a new sports bra...my back was killing me the whole next day....sorry guys. Saturday night was priesthood session, Michael went with his family while Kailye and I went to a baby shower for Kik. It was cute and so much fun. We played games and Kik got so much cute stuff. My favorite was the super cute ABC scarp book of babies firsts. Natalie made it for her and I have now coned her into making one for me too...woohoo! NOT FOR A NEW Baby!...just for Kailye. After the baby shower all the boys came back. Michael's family has this AWESOME tradition of giving report on the priesthood session. This year was the first I have been able to make it too. It was so neat to hear all about the talks and just to have a completely adult conversions with everyone and hear every ones point of view on things. I really enjoyed it. It made Michael a bit sad because last General Conference report he had told his grandparents that we were pregnant. It was Very hard all day Saturday because both of my sister in laws are pregnant and Michael's cousin. yea I had to leave the room quite a bit. It is MUCH harder than I ever thought it would be. Especially with Kari because we were due so close together. We'll see how Thanksgiving goes this year. I'm sure it will be SO fun for me...UG!

Sunday was so layed back. We got up and watched conference, which was great. I love listening to the talks and stories. Then took a nap in between sessions and then watched the evening session. After the afternoon session I stuck some Lasagna in the oven and we hurried up to mom and dad's to take a shower...yes, still NOT DONE!!!...oh wait I hear pounding in the other room right now...we had to hurry because my oven does not have a delayed timer on it for cooking. We got back just in time to pull the Lasagna out and eat dinner. It was so yummy....Got love that Stoffer's, they make a mean meal : ) I had a bunch of peaches that needed to be used so I grabbed a peach cobbler recipe from the Internet and made that for dessert. Oh man...I am going to have to run my REAR off--literally--to get that off. Especially by Wednesday.

To make that worse we went out tonight for Adam's birthday at Tony Corrino's. I love that place. But I had Fettuccine Alfredo...Plus I did not get to run tonight. Seriously I am going to have to run a lot tomorrow. Before Michael leaves me home with Kailye tomorrow to go to all his craziness. Rugby and ju-jitsu are on the same nights. It makes it nice and at the same time it kind of stinks. He is gone from 5:30 or 6 until at least 11...twice a week. He comes home for just a minute so hopefully I can get a run in with out kailye before he leaves. Cross your fingers.

Well I still have quite a bit to do before I go to sleep so I better go. Bye.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love how relaxed confrence weekend is. Good luck with the running.

Holly said...

Good job on the running. I am with Kristin...I love being able to relax and listen on conference weekend. :)

Bobbie said...

I understand about having due dates pass. We've had 2 already and our 3rd is in December. Even being pregnant it is very hard to think about.

Love you.