This past weekend was so much more relaxing than I thought it would be...oh wait that is because I didn't do any of the things I needed to. Oh well.
Friday we went to the pumpkin patch with Grandpa Dan and Grandma Peggy. It was so cute. I've never gone to the pumpkin patch to get pumpkins before. We always just got them from the grocery store. I was fun to watch Kailye run around and try to find the perfect pumpkin to carve. She was too cute. I forgot my camera but I do have a cute picture on my phone. I'll have to have Michael take it off and put it up. I did my Chicago Bears pumpkin again this year.
Adam says maybe it will bring them some more good luck...well they won there game on Sunday by scoring a touchdown in the last 13 seconds so maybe it did. Kailye colored hers and then had her daddy help her carve the face. Michael hasn't carved his yet but he is planning on a haunted house.
Saturday we slept...and slept..and slept..and slept. yep we were sleeping off and on pretty much the whole day. I had such ambition to get so much done and well I didn't. Saturday night we did go to dinner with Michael's mom, at one of my favorite restaurants, Red Robin. After dinner Michael and I went and saw Elizabeth the Golden Age. It wasn't what I expected but it was still very good. Even Michael liked it.
Sunday we slept again...I think we've both been just a bit worn out and stressed. It was crazy to wake up to 4+ inches of snow at our house though..hello..not winter yet. We watched football and also the Red Sox game...Go Sox. It was so nice to just relax and do nothing.
Today was a pretty good day. I went to work and got a new job..I'm getting more excited for that. Michael also went to work and is now home working on the shower. Did I mention we slept all weekend...yea the shower is still not done yet. I am having a candle party here tomorrow night though...If I forgot to invite you please come at 6:30...
I was going to take before pictures, but I forgot. They would have been pretty dramatic...and my house still isn't clean. However you can see the reflection of my spice rack in the counter...lol.
We have lived here for 5 weeks and we still haven't finished unpacking, we don't have a shower yet, we haven't finished putting up the light fixtures, and we still need to put together the bedrooms...eventually.
Kailye did these pictures about 2 years ago at Nichola and Kelly's house and I liked them so much I framed them in clear frames and had them hanging in our old office. Well I finally got around to hanging them in our new house. After the bathroom is done and I can get all the stuff out of the kitchen I will put up my coat rack underneath the prints.
Although I do have to show this picture...yes that's right progress.
10 comments:
Congratulations on the new job! I hope it is all that you want it to be. Your house looks great. We should actually make a road trip to come down and see it. But knowing you and how amazing you are at decorating I am sure it looks amazing. I understand about the shower thing. We didn't have one for the first 3 months that we lived in our house too. But I am glad you had a chance to relax during the weekend. I hate it when they go by too quickly. Congrats again on the job!
Sometimes sleeping is a good thing-especially if your body is telling you you need it. Can't wait to see the finished result of the bathroom. Have fun at the candle party-my favorites are Gold Canyons. :)
Congrats on the job. I hope it will give you the change that you need.
Things are really starting to come together. I will come take a look in a few weeks, so get it all done, so I can see the finished product. Wait, is anyone's house ever really a finished product?
Ahhhh....sleep!:)
I really can't believe that you slept all weekend. That is so uncharacteristic:)
Hooray for a 1/3 finished shower. The whole house will all come together soon I am sure!
The shower looks good! I'm excited to come down and see everything tonight.
We've lived here for like 3 months and aren't unpacked yet...I'd like to think it'd be different if we OWNED the house, but I don't know that it actually would.
I also think you'll love being in outside sales. It really is so nice to have such a flexible schedule and still keep the benefits. Pete is excited too. She came up to me this morning and told me that you'd accepted the position and she was all happy about it.
WOW busy! I will not make it to the candle party sorry! And your Bears pumpkin looks great! Love you and miss you lots!
Thanks for inviting me to the candle party. The pumpkin helped me find your house!
Got your message...I would love to order some candles. I will lokk this afternoon and email you. :)
WHY does KK look so terrified in that picture?
Post a Comment