We had a pretty chill weekend. Friday we..uh..I can't remember what we did Friday. Must have been pretty thrilling. Saturday Mom and I went in the morning to look at sewing machines. I have a lot I need to get done on the girls room and she said she could do that for me for my birthday. Woohoo. While we were at the sewing shop we saw some beautiful quilts on the walls. So I decided that I wanted to change what I was going to do in the girls room.
Saturday afternoon we went to Kristin's for a cookie party. It was a lot of fun. Kailye loved trying all the different kinds of cookies. We even triple tied for fourth in taste...with Bobbie's chocolate chip cookie recipe :) After the cookie party we headed out with the Maxwell group, Mom, Steph, Parks, Bright, Bobbie, JD, Kk and I to go get fabrics and a quilt pattern for the girl's room and to look at some for Steph's boys room....Oh man, I always forget how many of us there are until we all go somewhere together, on a Saturday afternoon, before the super bowl. We are a little out of our minds. By the time we had gone to our thirds store we were all ready to be done.
I don't remember what we did Saturday night...stupid pregnancy brain. Sunday we headed up to mom and dad's to watch the super bowl. What a game...okay let me try that again...what a fourth quarter. It was fun to hang out with Art and Steph and watch the game. We have spent the past 4 years at Michael's dad's house for the game so it was nice to do something different this time. On the way home we were headed out down the road from mom and dad's and we saw abunch of cars slid off the side of the road all the way down the hill. We chose a different route but even that was so slick and there were accidents everywhere.
Today I went to work for a bit in the morning and then went and got Kailye from school. She loves when I come to get her. We went and got the oil changed and have been up at mom and dad's since then. I forgot how much I enjoyed living here with Steph and the boys. It is so nice to have someone for Kailye to play with and for me to have an adult to talk to and vent to...thus the 3 AM talks the other morning. Kailye really wants to "help" uncle Art finishing building the igloo so I think we will be here for family night tonight...if they are not too sick of us by then.
I don't remember what we did Saturday night...stupid pregnancy brain. Sunday we headed up to mom and dad's to watch the super bowl. What a game...okay let me try that again...what a fourth quarter. It was fun to hang out with Art and Steph and watch the game. We have spent the past 4 years at Michael's dad's house for the game so it was nice to do something different this time. On the way home we were headed out down the road from mom and dad's and we saw abunch of cars slid off the side of the road all the way down the hill. We chose a different route but even that was so slick and there were accidents everywhere.
Today I went to work for a bit in the morning and then went and got Kailye from school. She loves when I come to get her. We went and got the oil changed and have been up at mom and dad's since then. I forgot how much I enjoyed living here with Steph and the boys. It is so nice to have someone for Kailye to play with and for me to have an adult to talk to and vent to...thus the 3 AM talks the other morning. Kailye really wants to "help" uncle Art finishing building the igloo so I think we will be here for family night tonight...if they are not too sick of us by then.
4 comments:
Sounds like a good weekend. :) I remember the 'pregnancy forgetfullness'. I can't wait to see what you chose for the girl's room. :)
I can't tell you how many times I've done that "i can't remember what we did..." thing, especially lately. I have too many other things to remember... and the prego mind too!
Geez, I am so sick of you. When are you coming over again???
Don't worry I think your memory comes back after pregnancy but I can't remember. I am still a space cadet. But it sounds like you had a great weekend and I agree, it is more fun to have family around. I would have liked to see all of you trouping around the stores though. It is always fun to be part of that party!
Post a Comment