This weekend was sooooo busy. I'm exhausted and still not even close to done. Michael and I have worked an average of 12 hours a day since last Friday. Michael, Steph, Art, Mom, Me, and Marjorie got almost all the painting done. After we got into the house last week Michael decided we needed to re-do the bathroom so out went the tub and all the drywall around the tub. I have a friend from work, Marjorie, who's husband is a plumber and he came and put the piping in for a shower head and fixed all the old plumbing. It is looking so nice. While he was doing the plumbing Marjorie helped the rest of us paint. She does it all the time at her house and she was very speedy. Art did all the trim around the ceilings and the whole kitchen and it looks awesome...I'm sure he was really looking forward to being home for a weekend to paint my house...sorry Art.
Michael, Dan, and David got all the wood work up in Kailye's room. It looks so cute. I will have to post pictures later because we don't have the Internet set up at our house yet. I still need to paint Kailye's room and she is very excited to be able to help with that. My poor child...I haven't seen her for more than an hour since last Wednesday. But she is going to come to the house today to help Grandma and I put the kitchen together and get things unpacked. YAY.
Yesterday we got almost all of our stuff packed and put into the trailer. With a lot of help from Leeana, Natalie, Chandler, mom, and Steph. We took a load down to the house last night and unloaded most of it. I will need to unload the rest today so Michael can take the trailer back up to the house to load the big furniture tonight. We still have to go up to the house to take showers because ours is well non existent right now. Michael needs to put in all the tile still so Duane, plumber friend, can come put the fixtures on. i think he was going to start that tonight or tomorrow.
Well I need to get back to work so I can leave to get all this stuff done. I still have lots of moving to do. hmmm...I wonder who is going to help Michael move all of the big furniture into the trailer...I guess I should figure that out also...peace.
6 comments:
I can not wait to see pictures! After your done with all your house junk...I want you guys to come out here and help Eric witht he tile. He IS a fix it man, but tile scares me for some reason. Good luck with the rest of the move...I can not wait to see pictures. :)
You owe me:) Glad we can help!
Just for the record, Jeremy and I did watch Kids all weekend so others can paint. ;-)
Glad it's going well.
I'm sorry I'm not much help right now! I'm excited to see it all changed though. It will be so nice to have everything all done before you move in!
Go you! And everyone else that helped! What a blessing it is to have so many willing people around you to help! Sometimes I wish that we could've done more to our house before we moved in, but we were too excited! I want tile... and new fixtures in my STUPID bathrooms... were the sinks are too close to the toilets....
I remember this time when I lived in an aparment in South Africa that had the toilet in the kitchen... ?? I don't know what they were thinking. I am glad to hear that you have gotten SO much done in the time that you've had. Congrats on the house by the way!
Chad
Post a Comment